Fullstack Software Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. As a Fullstack software engineer, you are a self-starter and can learn quickly, maintain focus, work collaboratively in an Agile environment, and contribute to the improvement of our QA and release processes.
Who you are
- You have the energy and dedication to get things done.
- On every challenge you work on, you understand the context as a whole and always strive to make improvements.
- You firmly grasp what it means to be agile in a software development space.
- You thrive on owning your work from beginning to end without the need for follow-ups and micromanagement.
- You are an absolute leader and team player and support a strong sharing culture.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities, and willing to make calls with limited information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience
- 3+ years of hands on any SPA framework
- Proven success implementing client side frameworks such as angular/aurelia/ember
- Fintech experience
- Experience working with A/B testing tools
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Lead the software development projects from idea to implementation by tracking and managing progress, risks and dependencies
- Help software architects to design solutions to support growing business needs while thoroughly considering the system impact
- Work closely with product, marketing and other business stakeholders to gather and refine requirements, and release software in a timely fashion
- Work closely with creative and UX teams to help build and maintain design system/pattern library
- Be adaptive and strike a good balance between speed and efficiency
- 25-50% hands-on development
- Develop a deep understanding of the system, write technical specifications, mentor development team, enforce coding standards
- Contribute in change control policies, software builds, deployment strategies, code reviews and software recommendations
- Support the daily operations of the IT/Tech department
- Take part in agile ceremonies to estimate and execute programming projects
- Other duties required by Management
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.