Creative Strategist / Video Editor
Los Angeles, California
Who We Are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. It gives anyone the chance to win cold hard cash by playing free scratchers and lotto. Incredibly, we've managed to pay our players over $8 million since we started in 2015! Our goal for 2019 alone is $10 million and we are well on our way. All without ever taking a dime from our players.
You are a driven, self-motivated Motion graphics artist with a proven track record of delivering quality solutions with demonstrable expertise applying video editing skills. Lucky Day is looking for a motion graphics artist to join our creative team in Beverly Hills. This position presents an opportunity to work for a growing gaming company that values efficient and creative individuals.
Roles and responsibilities
- Help the producers and editors by streamlining their workflow. Create templates and animations that junior editors/producers can quickly utilize in order to export ads/content.
- Design, animate, and edit both static and motion-based graphics including: Promo ads, Instagram stories/posts, Direct Response ads, stories told through motion graphics and other needs for Facebook, Instagram, and Ad networks.
- Ensuring content team have all support materials needed.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and report to head of revenue.
- Ability to work completely independently when necessary.
- Direct, shoot, write, and edit as needed.
- Clearly articulate creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about the work.
- Help elevate art and find creative and visual solutions across various campaigns and products.
- Keep up with the latest trends of creative and technology in the social and digital space. Pitch ideas when needed to creative team
- Ability to replicate existing ads, graphics, or animations with general ease.
- Solid understanding of the production process.
- Must be flexible, deadline driven and able to confidently deliver graphics with complete accuracy.
- And other duties as assigned
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Film, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience as a motion graphics designer (preferably in an advertising or gaming company)
- 1-2+ years editing experience
- After Effects mastery and proficiency in other motion graphics programs
- Confident Premiere Pro skills and proficiency
- Strong understanding of post-production work flows and finishing needs
- Adobe creative applications. Strong sense of motion, visual design and typography
- Solid understanding of editing techniques. Excellent organization and file management.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Solid understanding of 2D animation/rendering, 3D is a huge plus, though not necessary at first.
- Desire to pursue new ideas, go-getter mentality, desire to both collaboratively and fully independently when necessary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.