Los Angeles, California /
Internal Operations /
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. Our operations team is seeking a HR Manager who will lead a significant part of the HR team.
You’ll be responsible for developing and managing the company HR program, including deployment of policies and procedures, training and development, recruitment and retention, compensation, performance management, employee relations, workers compensation, and employment law and compliance. Reporting to the General Counsel, the HR Manager will help lead the human capital component of Lucky Day.
Who you are
- You have the energy and dedication to get things done.
- On every challenge you work on, you understand the context as a whole and always strive to make improvements.
- You firmly grasp what it means to be agile in a software development space.
- You thrive on owning your work from beginning to end without the need for follow-ups and micromanagement.
- You are an absolute leader and team player and support a strong sharing culture.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities, and willing to make calls with limited information.
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- Experience influencing and advising senior leaders on complex employment matters
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and California employment law
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptionally well organized, detailed oriented with the ability to handle many projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management
- HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs
- SHRM certification a plus
- PHR certification highly preferred
- Work closely with the General Counsel and Operations Team to help build out and implement the company HR program
- Manage and lead payroll
- Manage and lead employee benefits program, including creating new ways to improve the program
- Provide guidance and management training in relation to all HR policies and programs
- Provide employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling
- Implement employee training programs
- Perform research in the HR field and present recommendations for change to remain competitive and/or improve existing programs
- Create effective communication plans for employee groups when introducing new programs
- Handle office management, including maintaining and ordering company supplies and equipment and in-office food
- Manage event planning and all company meetings and strive to continually maintain and improve the high morale of the company
- Evaluate feedback and develop strategies that balance the needs of employees and management with relation to employee programs and policy alignment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.