UX design lead
Los Angeles, California
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone. With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 million — all without ever taking a dime from our players. We’re looking for intrinsically motivated and highly talented people to join our team in building out one of Lucky Day’s stealth products in the finance space.
What you'll do
At Lucky Day, our multidisciplinary UX team members are passionate about creating best-in-class delightful moments for our users through quality, usability, and performance. They collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve challenges, explore new ideas, and craft compelling experiences that highlight the features and unique capabilities of our products. As a UX design lead, you’ll help define, create, and drive the future of design for our products that touch millions of people by envisioning complex UX ecosystems and inspiring teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Who you are
- Great design team leader and systems-level design thinker
- Well-versed in the principles of mobile app usability and information hierarchy
- Strong sense of intuition with the ability to make well-reasoned recommendations with or in the absence of data
- Energetic with a sense of dedication to get things done.
- Conscious of the performance-side of design, and also the business aspects of products
- Firmly grasp what it means to be agile in a software development space
- Thrive in owning your work from beginning to end without the need for follow-ups and micromanagement
- Absolute team player and support a strong sharing culture
- Able to manage expectations and keep the team informed when faced with competing priorities
- Able to engage with cross-functional team members with the appropriate level of detail in communication.
- 5 years of relevant work experience (UX design, product design, etc...)
- Proficient with industry-standard design tools (like InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams on design and technical implementation
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of mobile devices and operating systems
- Working knowledge of agile scrum and the product development lifecycle
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage work to meet critical deadlines and product milestones
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints & limitations that impact design decisions for Android & iOS
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Able to contribute to (and switch between) tactical and strategic design activities
- Background in illustration and/or animation
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Fintech, finance, banking, or related industry experience
- Provide clear direction and focus for the design team; lead creative and holistic thinking across devices and product releases.
- Articulates user journeys with scenarios, storyboards, presentations, low- and high-fidelity mocks, detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Deliver a UX vision that’s realized and supported by a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates.
- Builds relationships and influence with team members and leaders inside and outside the core product team.
- Implement user experiences that are cohesive and well-informed by user, business, and technology goals.
- Story tell and frame problems with context for stakeholders, helping them envision the opportunities.
- Raise the bar for product quality by advocating for user-centered product roadmaps, investments in last-mile refinement and polish, and insights that are driven by user research.
- Gauge the usability of products & features; give constructive suggestions for change.
- Create elegantly simple user experiences that help users interpret otherwise complex ideas and workflows, quickly find and comprehend information, and accomplish business goals.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.