Senior Software Engineering Manager
Los Angeles, California
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. As the senior engineering manager you will lead teams of backend engineers to build and shape the best experience for Lucky Day users with rich content consumption experience.
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement, refine the server applications for our Lucky Day app
- Make technical decisions that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
- Collaborative with team members on the design and implementation of new features
- Identify and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and user value
- Define and own the objectives and key metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with many cross-functional teams (product, design, mobile, analytics) to execute on that roadmap, and deliver it with high quality in a timely manner
- Lead and mentor team members and managers to reach their full potential
- Recruit and build a world-class engineering team
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years with C#.NET Framework
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- 3+ years with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience managing managers or leads
- Led a team to ship mobile apps at scale
- Advanced experience with IIS and deployment of .NET
- Advance experience with Distributed Cache: Redis
- Advance experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Lambda, Cloud Formation, Kinesis, etc.)
- Strong experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Applied knowledge of object-oriented design principles and iterative development
- Advanced experience with RESTful web services
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.