Los Angeles, California
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. It gives anyone the chance to win cold hard cash by playing free scratchers and lotto. Incredibly, we've managed to pay our players over $8 millions since we started in 2015! Our goal for 2019 alone is $10 million and we are well on our way. All without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up. People that see barriers as a challenge, and want to break the status quo. Come help us build new ways for people to experience winning moments.
- Develop new features for the Lucky Day Android app
- Translate design and product requirements into high-quality code
- Work closely with Backend Engineers to deploy exciting new features
- Work with the product team to design and wireframe modern interfaces
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, responsiveness, and stability of the SDK
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration