Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Computer Vision
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Research and Development /
Founded in 2019, Lumafield has developed the world's first accessible X-Ray CT scanner for engineers. Our easy-to-use scanner and cloud-based software give engineers the ability to see their work clearly, inside and out, at an extremely affordable price.
Engineers make million-dollar decisions every day, and they need tools that give them the greatest possible insight into their products. By offering unprecedented visibility into products, as well as AI-driven tools that highlight problems and generate quantitative data, Lumafield promises to revolutionize the way complex products are created, manufactured, and used across industries.
We are an impact driven company obsessed with providing the best value to our customers keeping their needs at the center of our evolution. Our team today includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, creators, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by top venture capital funds like Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital, DCVC, Spark Capital, and others.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
Lumafield is building the world’s largest dataset of industrial CT data and leveraging it to change the way the world makes things. Lumafield’s customers span in size from Fortune 500s to innovative startups and make everything from batteries to chapstick to medical devices to performance running shoes. Lumafield’s customers are applying CT in production applications that demand greater and greater levels of automation.
As a computer vision machine learning engineer at Lumafield, you will develop machine learning models and machine learning-based features to automate a wide variety of manufacturing and inspection tasks. In addition to building models that ship to customers, you will also build models that support other aspects of Lumafield’s platform.
This position is based in our San Francisco, CA office.
What You'll Do:
- You will partner with the data engineering team to build and train models to rapidly develop models to perform classification regression, segmentation, and anomaly detection tasks using CT data
- As Lumafield’s first dedicated ML engineer, you will also make decisions about technology stack and how we approach vision problems
- The role is highly collaborative, results-oriented, and will involve seeing ML applications from concept through shipping and monitoring
- Have developed, shipped, and monitored ML vision models in production using established languages (eg, Python) and frameworks (PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow)
- Collaborate proactively with research and production engineering peers to deliver outcomes quickly
- Are familiar with the state of computer vision ML and are comfortable recommending tried and true models and approaches to well-defined vision tasks
- Know when to lean on conventional computer vision and when to leverage deep learning
- Have a deep understanding of machine learning fundamentals that you leverage effectively to rapidly develop new applications
- Have a masters or PhD in an applicable field and 5 years of professional production experience
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering or product design workflows
- Familiarity with 3D data representations (voxels, point clouds, meshes)
- A portfolio of previous work or Kaggle solutions that you can share
Lumafield offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as a health & wellness stipend, 401k, parental leave, flexible PTO, commuter benefits, company wide events and more!
Lumafield is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, because the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Do you feel like your skills don’t meet every single requirement listed? We encourage you to apply anyway – If you’re excited about our technology, the opportunity, and are eager to learn more we’d love to hear from you!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.
San Francisco Applicants: Review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.