Senior Mechanical Assembly Technician
Everett, MA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Founded in 2019, Lumafield has developed the world's first accessible X-Ray CT scanner for engineers. Our easy-to-use scanner and cloud-based software give engineers the ability to see their work clearly, inside and out, at an extremely affordable price.
Engineers make million-dollar decisions every day, and they need tools that give them the greatest possible insight into their products. By offering unprecedented visibility into products, as well as AI-driven tools that highlight problems and generate quantitative data, Lumafield promises to revolutionize the way complex products are created, manufactured, and used across industries.
We are an impact driven company obsessed with providing the best value to our customers keeping their needs at the center of our evolution. Our team today includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, creators, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by top venture capital funds like Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital, DCVC, Spark Capital, and others.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
Lumafield is looking for someone to learn our assembly process end to end and train others to work safely, productively, and efficiently. You will keep the team moving by answering questions and escalating issues you can’t solve yourself. Eventually you will be able to build and quality check any part of the system or build step. You will develop a keen eye for quality issues or process problems and recommend changes and improvements to the design and manufacturing teams.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate a team of assembly technicians to complete the work ordered/on the schedule in a timely manner
- Become an expert in all mechanical and electrical assembly steps
- Work with manufacturing engineers to improve procedures and address non-conforming parts (red-tags)
- Work with design/manufacturing engineers to keep assembly documentation up to date
- Maintain workspace conditions to facilitate cleanliness and productivity for other workspace users
- Report damaged or missing parts to supply chain team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working hands-on with mechanical and electrical assembly
- Bias for action to drop planned work to solve impromptu problems on the factory floor
- Attention to detail
- Driven to promote excellence in work and the excellence of the team
- Works with a high-level of autonomy and self-motivation
- Willingness to hold the other build technicians accountable to consistent quality and speed
- Proficiency with soldering, crimping, and light electronics assembly
- Computer savvy (comfortable with spreadsheets, PDFs, etc.)
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Willing to train/is trained on forklift operations
- Like to learn new skills, processes, and tools
- 3+ years of experience working with hand and power tools
- Experience measuring, marking, drilling, cutting, and re-working sheet metal parts safely
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, and work instructions and offer feedback and ideas to the design engineers and manufacturing engineers who produced them
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- CAD experience (Onshape, Solidworks, tec.)
- Experience with PLM software
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 hour
- Experience with soldering, crimping, wiring and electrical board repair
Lumafield offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as a health & wellness stipend, 401k, parental leave, flexible PTO, commuter benefits, company wide events and more!
Lumafield is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, because the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Do you feel like your skills don’t meet every single requirement listed? We encourage you to apply anyway – If you’re excited about our technology, the opportunity, and are eager to learn more we’d love to hear from you!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.