Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
Founded in 2019, Lumafield has developed the world's first accessible X-Ray CT scanner for engineers. Our easy-to-use scanner and cloud-based software give engineers the ability to see their work clearly, inside and out, at an extremely affordable price.
Engineers make million-dollar decisions every day, and they need tools that give them the greatest possible insight into their products. By offering unprecedented visibility into products, as well as AI-driven tools that highlight problems and generate quantitative data, Lumafield promises to revolutionize the way complex products are created, manufactured, and used across industries.
We are an impact driven company obsessed with providing the best value to our customers keeping their needs at the center of our evolution. Our team today includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, creators, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by top venture capital funds like Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital, DCVC, Spark Capital, and others.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the role:
Lumafield is changing the way people do manufacturing by putting volumetric 3D data directly into the hands of designers and builders, giving them full knowledge of how their product was built, inside and out. Lumafield is looking for mechanical engineers to advance our vision of building sophisticated, easy-to-use, reliable tools that engineers like ourselves depend on. Our work is fast-paced and hands-on. You will have access to top-notch colleagues and a well-equipped prototyping shop.
Our product is a complex hardware-software system. Systems-thinking and the ability to evaluate a problem and the possible solutions from multiple perspectives is essential. To deliver a delightful experience to the user, we want designs that are reliable, robust, efficient and elegant.
If you are interested in joining a well-funded growth stage company, this is the perfect opportunity for you to become a part of the Lumafield team.
What you'll do:
- Work on complex systems across disciplines, from high-level customer considerations down to the atomic-level details
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to design new products, from concept through production
- Develop and evaluate structural components, motion systems, and/or optical components
- Create jigs and systems to support the manufacturing and testing infrastructure
- Are a well-rounded technical thinker, with a solid foundation in mechanical engineering and product design
- Enjoy collaborating within and across teams
- Exhibit insatiable curiosity for how things work
- Can build prototypes of your designs
- Are familiar with a manufacturing techniques for prototyping and production, including sheet metal fabrication, and machining
- Care about industrial design
- Have demonstrated excellent oral, written and graphical technical communication skills
- Can communicate with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Excel at bringing structure to unstructured problems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with optics or precision machine design
- Experience working in manufacturing, industrial inspection
- A portfolio of your past work you can share
Lumafield offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as a health & wellness stipend, 401k, parental leave, flexible PTO, commuter benefits, company wide events and more!
Lumafield is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, because the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Do you feel like your skills don’t meet every single requirement listed? We encourage you to apply anyway – If you’re excited about our technology, the opportunity, and are eager to learn more we’d love to hear from you!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.