San Francisco, CA
Luma Health was founded on the idea that patients should easily be able to connect to their healthcare provider in a way that’s modern and mobile-first.
For doctors, it means a full schedule, better patient outcomes, and caring for more patients. For clinics, it means a more automated practice, more revenue, and higher MIPS scores. For patients, it means getting the care they need and experiencing next-level patient care.
Needing to see a doctor is hard. Being able to see one shouldn’t be.
Luma Health is looking for an intelligent and agile back-end engineer to build and scale powerful, top-notch health tech software.
We’re a small, talented and efficient engineering team. Highly technical, scrappy, and love what we do.
We deploy with quick git pushes on top of a HIPAA-compliant stack, built with MongoDB, Node.js, Redis, RabbitMQ, React, and a bunch of other modern technologies.
What you will be responsible for:
- working across the back end to build, test and ship products using our HIPAA-compliant stack: tools like Node 8+, RabbitMQ, ES6, React, MongoDB, Postgres, and Redis.
- focusing on scalability, security, and availability of all applications and processes.
- working side by side with our product designers to think through features from UX to database access patterns.
- prioritizing our backlog. You'll need to communicate well and work with leadership when you’re stretched in a lot of directions.
- developing new features that can scale to 1,000s of requests per second
- develop and strengthen your skills through close interaction and mentoring from senior engineers
- troubleshooting production problems quickly and sustainably.
- optimizing our current product to be able to scale smoothly
- staying nimble in an agile environment.
What we are looking for
- relevant college degree or equivalent experience (3+ year of backend experience and comfort with working with Node.js, and excitement about diving into the backend or data store as needed)
- well-written, well-tested, high quality code to meet the needs of our team and company
- a developer who can iterate quickly and fail fast - comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- detail oriented, organized, individual who is able to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
- an individual with great communication skills
- strong thirst to learn, especially at a start-up paced environment
Nice to have:
- prior work with A.I/ML/bots from a design, development and deployment perspective
- knowledge of Java and SQL Server
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who would love to start their software career in a health-tech start up. If you want to see how we build secure and robust products to impact the healthcare industry then you should get in touch!
Unfortunately, we can currently only consider applicants who are authorized to work in the US.
What We Offer:
We started in 2015 and are based in San Francisco, California. We offer all our full time team members equity, health, vision, and dental coverage, 401K and commuter benefits. Oh and we also have lots of snacks!
Luma Health is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Come join us if you want to make a difference in health care.
Note: we have been made aware of individuals fraudulently claiming to represent Luma Health recruiting. Please note that you will never be asked to submit payment or share financial information to participate in our interview process. All emails from Luma Health will come from "@lumahealth.io" email addresses. Any emails from other email addresses are scams. If you suspect that you've been contacted by a scammer, we recommend you cease all communication with the scammer and contact the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you'd like to verify the legitimacy of an email you've received from Luma Health recruiting, forward it to email@example.com.