VFX Placements Program
Luma nurtures and creates compelling art and technology. As an award-winning creative studio, Luma’s visual effects team have worked on more than 100 film projects, ranging from Oscar-winning films like Black Panther, to Oscar-nominated films like No Country for Old Men, True Grit and Doctor Strange, to blockbusters like Mary Poppins Returns and Captain Marvel.
With offices in Los Angeles and Melbourne, Luma has expanded beyond its roots in visual effects to producing original content in the form of live-action film, animation and new media. And because that’s not enough, in 2015, Luma Launch was introduced—the venture capital arm with a multi-million dollar fund to invest in notable startups across the tech and media worlds.
Want to get your foot in the door and work with our talented crew on exciting projects? Thanks to Film Victoria, you can now apply for a 6-month paid placement at our Melbourne studio. During your placement at Luma, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our crew on major Hollywood blockbusters. On top of all that, you’ll get exposure to different departments across Luma and receive an understanding of the production pipeline.
Check out the below requirements and submit your application.
Applications close June 10th, 2019 for the August 2019 - January 2020 intake.
Looking for application tips? Read this.
Supported by Film Victoria and the Victorian State Government.
- Demonstrate by way of a showreel or portfolio an understanding of at least one of the following VFX disciplines; Tracking/Matchmove, Modelling/Texturing, Animation, FX, Lighting, Compositing.
- Work within at least one of the following softwares: Maya, Nuke, Houdini or Katana
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A passion to grow your skill set in a production environment
- A team player mentality with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A solid work ethic and a positive mindset
- Applicants must have been a Victorian resident for the last 12 months
- Applicants can not have previously been engaged (as an employee, contractor or otherwise) by Luma or a related company
- Applicants can not be seeking to undertake the placement for course credit or to meet other educational requirements
As much as we love receiving emails, you can imagine that we get a lot! So, please submit your application by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below to ensure our team receives it.