Melbourne, Australia /
VFX – ANIM /
The Animator is responsible for designing and creating the motion of CG characters, creatures and other assets.
Please note that this position will need to be held during Melbourne's studio hours of Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm AEST. If you reside interstate or overseas, the team requires you to offset your hours to match the studio.
- Work closely with the Rigging/Character modeling teams as well as other Animators to maximize our animation and character performance potential
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by the production department
- Consistently exercise sound judgment in all areas of performance
- Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of animation and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show.
- A minimum of three to four years of experience in VFX Animation Production
- An in depth knowledge of Maya
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer graphics or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A solid grasp of the principles of Animation ; motion, timing, anticipation, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation
- A creative eye and aesthetic judgement with a deep understanding of the principles of cinematography, composition and cinematic design
- A solid understanding of anatomy, rigging, CG lighting, rendering, compositing
- Proficiency in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- A positive attitude and proven interpersonal skills
- A strong technical mind
- Great creative sensibilities
- A strong work ethic with a "get it done" attitude
- A keen attention to detail
Come as you are. Luma is a committed equal opportunity employer
As much as we love receiving emails, you can imagine that we get a lot! So, please submit your application by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below to ensure our team receives it.