Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
This role will be essential in creating an efficient work environment at Lumi HQ. You will be working at our 10,000 square foot Los Angeles warehouse HQ office, welcoming guests, setting up conference rooms and meetings, and keeping the office looking sparkly clean.
If you're a dedicated problem solver and want an inside look at a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup company, this is the perfect position for you.
- Greet guests and notify appropriate team member of their arrival
- Maintain all conference rooms and work spaces to ensure they are tidy and ready for meetings
- Organize and manage the office FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipments and mail room
- Prepare outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail to appropriate employees
- Actively monitor the kitchen keeping it tidy and organized, including the dishwasher
- Ensures office and kitchen supplies are always stocked and place supplies orders when needed
- Assist with office events and activities and other projects as assigned
- Previous customer service, receptionist, or assistant experience
- Familiar with Google Suite or MS Office preferred
- Excellent verbal, email and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Professional demeanor
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner with limited direction
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!