Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
As a Packaging Designer at Lumi you will work directly with our customers and sales team to assist in developing packaging designs for manufacturing, helping ecommerce companies to bring their packaging visions to fruition.
We are looking for someone with strong conceptualization skills, a high level sense of design, a fast, curious learner and an interest in working on a broad range of packaging design solutions.
You will work closely with some of the world's leading ecommerce brands and learn about the design, tooling and manufacturing processes used in the printing and packaging industry. You will interact closely with everyone on our small team and get to see the inner workings of a rapidly-growing startup.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience across all phases of packaging development, from ideation and conceptualization to scaled manufacturing. You will gain practical exposure to an exceptional breadth of material substrate, print methods, and form factors.
- De-bug files prior to production and make necessary adjustments to artwork depending on print process limitations
- Review customer artwork and make the necessary tweaks
- Communicate directly with customers and implement ongoing changes with brands
- Create and send detailed packaging specification sheets (proofs) for manufacturing specs to customers for approval
- Assist in daily cutting, folding, and assembly of packaging dielines for prototyping lab.
- Support prepress and structural design team members
- Prepare accurate and timely production ready files for packaging production and sample development
- Produce file assets based on conceptual directions for print and packaging
- 1-4 years of industry experience; experience with packaging design or manufacturing preferred
- Creative thinker with an enthusiastic "team-player" attitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of materials and processes used in ecommerce packaging development, evaluation, and manufacturing
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, in depth knowledge of Illustrator
- Familiar with operation of Kongsberg cutting tables a plus
- Knowledge of printing processes a plus
- Excellent time management
- Solid understanding of the production development process
- Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously while maintaining consistency and quality across projects
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!