Freelance Social Media Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
You’ll work with the editorial team to plan and execute educational and inspirational posts about packaging and ecommerce. Most social media posts will be in support of editorial content (videos and podcasts) with additional, Instagram-specific, educational posts to engage our followers.
What you'll do
- Ideate, create, and post Instagram stories to promote weekly podcast and video episodes.
- Ideate, create, and post 1-2 weekly educational engagement stories.
- Curate, upload, and write captions for 2-4 weekly Instagram posts.
- Write and schedule daily tweets to promote new podcasts, videos, and blog posts in addition archival posts, jobs postings, and photos.
- Write and schedule daily LinkedIn posts to promote podcasts, videos, and blog posts in addition archival posts, and jobs postings.
- Track performance analytics for Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Who you are:
- 1+ years of experience creating engaging content for Instagram and Twitter
- Act on analytics quickly to set the pace for an engaged audience
- Experience designing Instagram stories
- Experience doing minor video edits and creating GIFs
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams is a plus
- Availability to come into the office for 2-5 hours a week
- Organized and forward thinking
- Strong interest in design and educational content
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!