Business Development Representative
Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
As a Business Development Representative at Lumi, you will be responsible for qualifying and converting leads in order to build a strong pipeline of potential customers for our team of Account Executives. You will be expected to quickly learn the ins and outs of packaging manufacturing across the full gamut of boxes, bags, envelopes and paper supplies we offer. Using this knowledge, you’ll research brands and determine which potential customers are a great fit for the Lumi ecosphere.
What you'll do
- Build a strong pipeline of vetted customers by researching inbound leads to determine if they meet our qualifications
- Create outbound strategies to attract new enterprise prospects to our platform
- Set up calls between prospective customers and Account Executives
- Consistently achieve qualified calls or meetings and opportunity quotas
- Ongoing analysis and refinement of Lumi’s target customer profile
- Maintain accurate data for accounts in our CRM
- Assist our VP of Growth with ad-hoc marketing and sales enablement projects including campaigns, trade shows, events, etc
- 1+ years of experience as a BDR/SDR role, preferably at a start-up or mid-size SaaS company
- Experience working with enterprise level customers
- Strong interest in a strategic sales process
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, video and in-person; a natural at communicating with senior executives who embraces picking up the phone
- Innate adaptability, confidence, persuasion abilities and resilience
- Incredibly organized, data-driven and detail orientated
- Experience with Google Docs and Salesforce or other CRM required; experience with Airtable a plus
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!