US Remote /
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
Lumi is a supply chain platform and managed marketplace that has transformed the way brands specify, source and manage their packaging. We’re looking for a dynamic packaging Sales Director who is excited to bring world class software to the packaging industry. You will shape Lumi’s growth trajectory alongside our CEO & VP Growth and lead our team of Account Executives partnering with some of the world’s most innovative brands reinventing ecommerce. You’ll guide the team day to day while providing coaching and support in building target pipelines. You excel at cultivating relationships with prospects as well as negotiating and closing new business alongside your team. You will interact daily with c-level executives and senior operational stakeholders at well-known ecommerce brands, helping our Account Executives navigate complex large scale annual commitments to the Lumi platform & service.
What you'll do
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team of talented Account Executives responsible for generating annual recurring revenue (ARR) required to hit our ambitious growth goals
- Support team members through the deal cycle by helping them understand a brand’s packaging and supply chain challenges and develop tailored solutions with the help of Lumi’s packaging Experts
- Champion best practices for a winning consultative sales process; coach team on sales processes that maximize conversion and annual recurring revenue throughout the sales funnel
- Collaborate with VP Growth and our marketing and content teams to develop business development and prospecting strategies to build a targeted Sales pipeline
- Manage individual and team performance against quotas and KPI’s using our CRM (Salesforce); forecast the path to goal for our executive team
- Bring packaging sales expertise to Lumi’s sales process, iterating and improving upon current sales playbook as needed
- 8+ years of sales experience, packaging industry experience essential
- Experience managing Account Executives against KPI’s and revenue goals
- Proven track record of winning $1M+ deals and expanding these accounts, preferably with e-commerce brands
- Highly effective writing and sales presentation skills with proven experience selling to C-level and senior executives
- Passion for transforming business through disruptive technologies, analytical and solution-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment, ability to adapt and think creatively to challenge the status quo
- Proficiency in SalesCRM software (Salesforce.com preferred)
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!