Head of Customer Success
Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
The Head of Customer Success will oversee the customer success function at Lumi. They will be responsible for driving high-value activities across the customer lifecycle which includes: onboarding new members onto our platform, supporting customers with orders, expanding accounts into new packaging categories, and securing annual contract renewals. The Head of Customer Success will directly account manage many of our key customers while owning the Customer Success team’s quarterly revenue goals, renewal and net churn targets, and overall customer happiness levels. They will drive the process improvements needed to scale effectively and improve customer NPS. This team is integral to Lumi and is responsible for the satisfaction, strategy, value-delivery, retention, and growth of our members.
What you'll do
- Successfully onboard customers to the Lumi Dashboard after a handoff from the Sales team, lead and participate in ongoing activities that drive platform adoption, and support customers in reaching packaging spend thresholds.
- Collaborate with VP of Growth directly on customers in Lumi Evaluation (our trial period where brands can try Lumi and are temporarily assigned a CSM alongside a Sales Account Executive).
- Collaborate directly with our Head of Manufacturing on issue resolution when customers have issues with the manufacturer’s output on their order.
- Collaborate directly with our CFO when issue resolution requires financial expenditure.
- Own hitting annual packaging spend attainment for Lumi member customers.
- Own financial reporting on member revenue, churn and issue resolution.
- Own relationships with assigned accounts to secure annual renewals, facilitate QBRs, and ensure high customer happiness.
- Develop and create processes to improve member’s onboarding and issue resolution in order to create long term solutions that improve the customer experience.
- Create and facilitate training sessions for team members to share learnings and provide coaching to other team members on world-class customer service.
- Consistently measure, track, and report on the revenue metrics and health of customers to identify opportunities for upsells and to anticipate issues in advance.
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks. Work with our Product team to prepare and educate customers on new features and releases. Identify churn risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal.
- Act as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product, supply chain, and our team of Lumi experts.
- 6+ years experience in customer success, implementation, account management, or similar customer-facing role; SaaS experience preferred
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Salesforce or similar CRM software experience
- Exceptional communication and email etiquette, and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in challenging situations
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment, organized and skilled at multi-tasking
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the willingness to go the extra mile to give someone a great experience
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly do account-based math and scenario planning to help sell through issue resolution ideas or help internal stakeholders understand the value of an upgrade or expansion opportunity
- Understanding of e-commerce operations & supply chain, previous experience working with consumer brands & retailers is preferred
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!