US Remote /
Customer Success /
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
As Production Manager, you’ll be directly responsible for the quality of work and on time delivery of the products our manufacturers produce for our members. You’ll be interacting with both our members and manufacturing partners regularly to keep order progress up to date, proactively identify potential issues, and navigate solutions to avoid supply chain delays. Your attention to detail will ensure all manufacturing specifications are accurate and purchase orders have all the i’s dotted and t’s are crossed.
What you'll do
- Work directly with Lumi members and manufacturers to ensure high quality orders are processed through the platform
- Build strong relationships with manufacturing contacts and our Lumi members
- Improve our production and fulfillment playbook
- Review and approve member purchase orders submitted through the platform
- Verify that all specifications, timelines, and costs associated with each product ordered are accurate
- Submit purchase orders to our manufacturing network
- Hold manufacturing partners accountable for timelines and quality standards
- Identify potential roadblocks, bottlenecks, and production issues before they happen
- Escalate issues timely with partners in order to resolve problems
- Work directly with our members to approve structural samples, manufacturing print cards, and color drawdown
- Manage member expectations and provide direct updates through our platform
- Educate our members and internal team on production processes
- Maintain detailed production schedules
- Arrange international and domestic logistics
- Coordinate quality control inspections with partners
- Make sure all data is real-time and accurately represented on the platform
- Ensure that our Manufacturing guidelines are being followed by all of our partners
- Work with members to make sure that any quality issues are submitted properly through our systems
- BS in Packaging and / or equivalent level of experience in Packaging Engineering field
- At least 3 years of packaging and/or procurement experience
- China manufacturing experience required
- Familiarity and understanding of ISO standards, supply chain management, and logistics processes
- Advanced problem solving skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and manage relationships
- Knowledge of material science, diverse manufacturing equipment, and printing processes
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, scaling team
- Comfortable adapting to new software systems and make recommendations on how to better improve them
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!