Director of Manufacturing Partnerships
Los Angeles, CA
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
Lead and develop a partnership program that will establish Lumi as a valuable and trusted partner to new and existing manufacturers. You’ll be responsible for creating, leading, and executing our strategic partnership initiatives. In this role you will lead our efforts to onboard global manufacturers, access their full list of capabilities, improve our overall pricing, and negotiate contracts with both Fortune 500 and independent factories alike. Our end goal is to provide partners with opportunities strategically aligned with their manufacturing capabilities.
- Create and develop the Lumi Manufacturing Partnerships program including ideation, planning, and execution
- Successfully pitch Lumi’s vision to manufacturers in order to create meaningful and rewarding partnerships
- Prospect and nurture high-value manufacturing partners globally to grow the strength of our network
- Identify and map the manufacturing capabilities of our partners in order to pair opportunities accordingly
- Negotiate directly with partners to secure ad hoc deals as well as long term partnerships
- Draft partnership agreements and onboard new factories into our network
- Identify software needs from our manufacturers to help enhance our own software systems
- Create and facilitate presentations to various stakeholders within our partner network
- Develop and manage key metrics, KPIs, and OKRs; reporting regularly to hone goals as you prove your strategies
- 5+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnership sales, and/or account management
- 3+ years manufacturing experience, custom printing or packaging is a plus
- Extremely strong and effective communication, interpersonal and phone skills
- Experience developing commercial contracts and operating procedures
- Comfortable traveling up to 40% of the time
- Natural self-starter attitude that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to effectively manage expectations and over-deliver every time
- Fluent Mandarin is also a plus
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!