Account Executive: E-Commerce
San Francisco, CA /
At Luminai we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving?
High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
About the Role:
As one of our first sales hires, you’ll play a foundational role in building Luminai’s go-to-market strategy and fostering our truly consultative sales culture. As an Account Executive, you are expected to have a deep understanding of the product, and lead all sales efforts within your assigned territory, including prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, handling the sales cycle, proposal, and contract negotiation through deal closure. The Account Executive is expected to meet sales goals while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our clients.
The Account Executive’s primary responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business. This position will be responsible for selling into large mid-market and enterprise customers and is considered a B2B SaaS e-commerce specific role. As an early member of the team, you'd have significant runway to out-perform goals and earn above targets.
This is a hybrid position, with an expectation of some set in-office work days each week. Our office is located in San Francisco.
What you'll do:
- Grow Revenue – Meet or exceed your quarterly targets and projected annual revenue goals
- Generate Pipeline – Generate 4x pipeline of your quota, forecasting accurate and feasible pipeline opportunities; Generate new leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as using marketing and PR activities of the company
- Understand Deal & Pipeline Health – Manage accuracy in forecasting and the information maintained in supporting systems
- Execute within the Sales Cycle – Demonstrate a strong understanding of Luminai solutions and the necessary combinations of solutions for accurate client proposal generation; Demonstrate ability to develop and lead a holistic sales cycle; Demonstrate your ability to individually create and deliver client proposals; Demonstrate ability to personally close business.
- Territory Planning – Develop a plan for your territory including large opportunities and a path to deliver them.
- Account Planning – Effectively execute Account Planning as well as appropriate follow up actions.
- Be a Student of Our Space – Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in figuring out win-based proposals and pricing
- Leadership – Demonstrate effective leadership of your entire “business” by strategizing and communicating with your team early and often. Lead your customer versus being led – think and act proactively. Hold people accountable for corresponding actions. Effectively escalate and/or remove roadblocks.
- Prompt Responsiveness – Be responsive and timely to all internal and external customer and partner requests. Have a sense of urgency.
- Operational Excellence – Run your territory like a business in all regards. Utilize best practices.
- Positive Attitude and Effort – Creatively approach issues and opportunities. Put the effort in that is required and exhibit a can-do attitude.
Who we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in sales (preferably mostly enterprise or large mid-market selling)
- Proven track record in business application software sales to e-commerce customers, preferably enterprise e-commerce retail
- Experienced in closing $100k-$300k deal sizes
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative, and competitive market.
- Exhibit clarity, accuracy, frequency and professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Product and customer obsessed: you’re passionate about creating incredible experiences that delight customers.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and solving intricate problems. You have astonishing attention to detail.
- Prioritization: You know the right things to work on and act quickly and intensely to resolve challenges.
- A high level of motivation to meet and exceed goals – we have an influx of interest in our product and are looking for someone who is excited to be compensated well for top performance.
Perks & Benefits at Luminai:
- Salary + Uncapped Commissions and Accelerators
- 100% Performance based promotions
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 5 months primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Learning and Development stipend
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Workstation set-up stipend and laptop
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.