At Luminai we develop technology to reliably migrate and manage enterprise business processes with scalable automation infrastructure, using safe and effective AI. We're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving? High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stretched thin and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
We're looking for a passionate and skilled Deployment Engineer who wants to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, is excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and is eager to learn and collaborate together.
Deployment engineers are responsible for working with Luminai's most strategic customers to assist with all technical aspects of our product. We’re highly technical and customer-obsessed, and we take a solutions-first mindset. We work side by side with our customers to identify new use cases, build new automated workflows, and continually improve the core product. From scoping out a new business-critical process we can automate to shadowing and learning from customers, our work is different each day. We leverage our technical expertise and relentless curiosity to transform how software gets built.
We are open to remote candidates for this role with the understanding that all Deployed Engineers must be available during business hours in PST. Preference may be given to Bay Area based candidates who can work in a Hybrid model (our office is in San Mateo, CA).
What you'll do:
- Alongside our talented customer success and strategic advising teams, you'll help to own the onboarding of customers with their first workflows on Luminai
- Be a thought partner to customers to help them build out complex process maps and use cases
- Tackle technical opportunities that need solving via code (e.g. a bug, a missing feature, a failure spot in a workflow, etc.) or partner with our core engineering teams to tackle the problem
- Be the voice of our largest customers and represent their needs to the rest of the organization
- Demo Luminai and answer questions about how to make the best use of the product to daily users and executives alike
- Create technical content to demonstrate best practices (e.g. sample apps, documentation, videos, etc.)
- Serve as the primary, ongoing technical point of contact for our users
We deeply value dynamic software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a software engineer
- Proven experience at a high-growth technology company is a huge plus
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to wear many hats / a flexible attitude towards responsibilities and scope
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- A desire to help shape the culture of the company and help us to build and scale a best-in-class team
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop