Senior Software Engineer - Front End
At Confer Health, we empower people to make health decisions with confidence by giving everyone access to clinical-grade testing at home. This is enabled by unique technology that is orders of magnitude more sensitive and more affordable than what’s available at hospitals or clinical labs. Our ambition is to usher in an era of proactive medicine so we can all get the care we need before it’s too costly or too late.
We’re a small, world-class team combining Silicon Valley urgency with East Coast science. We recently closed a large Series A led by Social Capital, one of Silicon Valley’s best investors, and we’re looking for a seasoned front-end engineer who can lead our front-end application development.
- Design and build the architecture for our consumer web applications
- Work with the software engineering team to bring front-end technologies into our native application stack where appropriate (e.g., with React Native)
- Design security into our stack from the beginning, building systems and processes to keep our users’ data safe
- Work with our regulatory team to ensure all of our technology is built in a fully FDA-compliant manner
- 4+ years in a senior-level front-end engineering role
- Experience with functional programming tools and techniques (such as PureScript, Elm, or BuckleScript) a plus
- Desire to work as a senior-level individual contributor with a small but well-knit team of engineers and designers
- Commitment to high quality standards, including unit testing and continuous delivery
This position is located at our office in Charlestown, which is easily accessible by T (Sullivan Square station) or Interstate 93.
Confer Health, Inc. is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applications without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.