Lab Research Associate Scientist
At Confer Health, we empower people to make health decisions with confidence by giving everyone access to clinical-grade testing at home. This is enabled by our unique technology that is orders of magnitude more sensitive and more affordable than what’s available at hospitals or clinical labs. Our ambition is to usher in an era of proactive medicine so we can all get the care we need before it’s too costly or too late.
We’re a small, world-class team combining Silicon Valley urgency with East Coast science. We just closed a large Series A led by one of Silicon Valley’s best investors and we’re looking for ambitious and energetic teammates in the lab to help us drive forward our research progress.
- Work in a fast-paced lab environment. We are implementing tools used in the development of disruptive software products (e.g. Google, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb) to help push science forward at unprecedented rates.
- Help optimize new technology for our diagnostic product to function in urine
- Design experiments with your Senior Scientist mentor and the rest of the scientific team
- Execute and document experiments and communicate the results
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) based on the best results
- Analyze our clinical samples in an FDA-compliant manner
- Experience with execution of experiments in a wet lab (at least 6 months)
- Meticulously organized
- Competency in biochemistry and chemistry
- Ability to communicate results and concepts clearly to fellow scientists
- Experience with gel electrophoresis
- Experience with immunoassays, such as ELISA
- Appreciation of puns
Confer Health, Inc. is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applications without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.