At Confer Health, we empower people to make health decisions with confidence by giving everyone access to clinical-grade testing at home. This is enabled by our unique technology that is orders of magnitude more sensitive and more affordable than what’s available at hospitals or clinical labs. Our ambition is to usher in an era of proactive medicine so we can all get the care we need before it’s too costly or too late.
We’re a small, world-class team combining Silicon Valley urgency with East Coast science. We just closed a large Series A led by one of Silicon Valley’s best investors and we’re looking for a PhD level scientist to join our scientific team. You’ll be responsible for helping the team execute ambitious goals to drive forward our scientific progress.
We value diversity and all qualified candidates are invited to apply.
- Help the scientific team formulate and achieve goals to meet ambitious deadlines
- Design and execute experiments
- Quantitatively analyze and interpret results
- Help associate scientists design experiments and interpret results
- Analyze our clinical samples in an FDA-compliant manner
- Drive diversification of our commercial assays while incorporating technology development and biomarker discovery into our research program
- Explore creative applications of our technology
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics or similar field
- Fluency in chemistry(in biological contexts), with experience in bioconjugation/purification
- Fundamental understanding of kinetic rate theory
- Competency in math and physics
- Experience with the design and execution of experiments in a wet lab
- Leadership experience
- Ability to communicate results and concepts clearly to scientists and non-scientists
- Ability to interface on a conceptual level with software engineers
- Experience developing diagnostic test systems
- Experience using/developing fluorescence based assays
- Experience with microfluidics
- Experience working under a QMS
- Hardware development experience
- Programming experience
- Appreciation of puns
This position is located at our office in Charlestown, which is easily accessible by T (Sullivan Square Station) or Interstate 93.
It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Confer Health, Inc. is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applications without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.