Director of Revenue Operations
Full Time Permanent
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
What this Role Will Do:
In this role, you’ll manage a team of 3 people who have done a tremendous job of keeping our revenue team running for the past several years. You’ll take ownership of revenue data and insights to make our team better at their jobs, forecast our future growth and what we’ll need to get there, oversee our revenue team tech stack and lead our 2023 SalesForce implementation, along with help from our current team.
Other important functions under this role will be things like compensation strategy & planning, enablement/training across the whole revenue team, data integrity as it relates to sales leads, and a whole lot more.
Over the last 4 years, when a prospect joins a first sales call with our team, they buy a corporate subscription to LumiQ 32% of the time. Put another way, our niche group of accountants love our offering. One of our biggest challenges is that as we continue to grow, we need to be managing and watching our sales funnel more closely, to find incremental improvements at each step of the process to help drive better results.
If you have impeccable attention to detail, love solving complex problems, are passionate about sales and driving growth and you’re a nerd when it comes to data, we’d love to speak with you.
Who You Are:
● You’ve been the RevOps leader (or had a front row seat) for a B2B SaaS business at or over $15m in ARR.
● You’ve lived deep inside sales and revenue data, uncovering hidden gems inside of funnels and bubbled up learnings to help reps and managers get better at their jobs.
● You’ve managed a team before, and have experience coaching, giving tough feedback, and helping your people succeed.
● You’ve been the driving force behind sales targets and commission structures to align both individual performance with company outcomes to achieve a combined result that makes everyone win.
● You love solving complex problems that don’t have an easy answer, whether it’s finding our niche target group to help build lists, connecting tech stacks and tools together to optimize performance, or crafting quotas and targets that bring out the best in people.
● You’re constantly following the best and newest sales, CS and marketing tools and understand how to connect them together to drive performance.
● At one point, earlier in your career, you had deep experience with SalesForce and understand how to customize the system to spec.
● You’ve overseen revenue enablement, and understand not only how to drive training initiatives amongst the staff, but more importantly know how to accurately track whether it has impacted performance.
● You have impeccable attention to detail; nothing gets past you when something seems off in terms of data verifiability.
● You have extensive experience working within SalesForce (even better if you’ve built an implementation from scratch!)
● You’re a nerd when it comes to all things revenue tech stack, and you’re constantly finding new ways to improve efficiencies with these and adding value.
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
Please note this is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office for some team and company-based activities.
Benefits and Perks
● Health Benefits after 3 months with us, including a yearly health spend account
● Access to an Employee Assistance Program if needed
● Monthly team social events (Super Smash Bro party, hot chocolate bar, Blue Jays game, Hot Ones Challenge are just a few examples of what we have done in the past)
● Schedule flexibility. We know our employees have lives outside of work and don’t mind if you need to run to a mid-day doctor's appointment or pick up a kid early from school!
● Nomad policy: Work remotely 4 weeks of the year from anywhere in the world
● Office space at one of Canada’s most well-regarded startup accelerators—OneEleven (Front and John Street) which includes ping pong and foosball tables, monthly learning events, and a great opportunity to grow your personal and professional network with dozens of other startup folks in the space
● The chance to work with the world-class investors behind us, including Jean Desgagne, former CEO of GES at the TMX, Joel Lessem, Founder & CEO of Firmex, Neil Wainright, Founder and CEO of Nexonia, and Dennis Bennie, one of the Founding members of the Creative Destruction Lab.