Associate Producer, Scripted Content
Full Time Permanent
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company, where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education!
What you’ll be responsible for:
● Collaborate with our Scripted Producer to develop and execute on the narrative roadmap by pitching, researching, and producing episodes.
● Review storyboards and scripts to ensure structure, learning objectives and language are appropriate for CPAs.
● Interview guests with the Scripted Producer and live produce during recording sessions.
● Hosting assigned episodes
● Support production of episodes by researching, outlining, booking guests, interviewing, and writing scripts. Support post-production through sourcing archive clips, sourcing music, cutting and assembling audio tape, and working with audio engineers to guide sound design.
Who You Are:
● You have a background in finance: You feel confident in your ability to break down and communicate complex financial and business concepts in a way your intended audience understands and finds engaging. An accounting designation is preferred.
● You are organized: Our narrative episodes are in high demand so we aim to deliver quality and quantity. This means a lot of moving pieces at once, so you must be able to balance projects, set and meet clear deadlines, and clearly communicate project progress.
● You have experience with podcasts: You have demonstrated experience in producing audio. This includes the ability to understand gathering audio, interviewing guests, editing interviews for content, writing scripts, and working with audio engineers on sound design.
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you!
Please note this is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office for some team and company-based activities.
Benefits and Perks
● Health Benefits after 3 months with us, including a yearly health spend account
● Access to an Employee Assistance Program if needed
● Monthly team social events (Super Smash Bro party, hot chocolate bar, Blue Jays game, Hot Ones Challenge are just a few examples of what we have done in the past)
● Schedule flexibility. We know our employees have lives outside of work and don’t mind if you need to run to a mid-day doctor's appointment or pick up a kid early from school!
● Nomad policy: Work remotely 4 weeks of the year from anywhere in the world
● Office space at one of Canada’s most well-regarded startup accelerators—OneEleven (Front and John Street) which includes ping pong and foosball tables, monthly learning events, and a great opportunity to grow your personal and professional network with dozens of other startup folks in the space
● The chance to work with the world-class investors behind us, including Jean Desgagne, former CEO of GES at the TMX, Joel Lessem, Founder & CEO of Firmex, Neil Wainright, Founder and CEO of Nexonia, and Dennis Bennie, one of the Founding members of the Creative Destruction Lab.