Senior Product Designer - Lumosity Mindfulness
Lumosity is a world-leading brain training program with over 85 million users and 4.4 billion games played. Our mission is to help people improve and understand their mental abilities. The Product Management team works closely with designers and engineers to guide projects through the entire execution cycle, from inception to launch.
Lumosity is starting the journey to bring modern mindfulness practices to our audience of millions. We’re integrating the best of traditional teachings, modern science, and engaging design to create compelling experiences that inspire real practice and learning. The project is young and the team is small -- this is a great opportunity to help shape what we build.
About The Role
As Product Design Lead on the Mindfulness team, you’ll work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Content Creators, Engineers, UX-Researchers, and other Designers to meet the needs of Lumosity customers. You’ll take ownership of the experience from early-stage strategy and concepting, to final implementation and iterations.
- Guide products toward simple, intuitive solutions that bring value to our customers.
- Align user needs with business goals and actively participate in discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and create consensus.
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, highly impactful, and successfully executed.
- Go wide! Concept, rapidly translate, and test creative with interactive prototypes, synthesizing your findings into actionable next steps.
- Break big ideas down into smaller, measurable, individually-valuable pieces that can be shipped to customers to inform future work.
- Ship, measure, and improve based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- A portfolio illustrating your process and ability to turn ideas into a compelling vision.
- A background in designing user experiences and interaction design for digital consumer products.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Experience with iterative design based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Comfortability owning the entire product lifecycle from product conception to growth optimization.
- An understanding of how to move the needle on business goals with creative executions that deliver results.
- Previous work with direct to consumer mobile product at an early stage startup is a plus.
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged.
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, and workshops.
- Education budget for conferences, professional and skill development. Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Flexible time off
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice).
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late.
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights. Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and Legos.
- Team off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving).
- Passes to SFMOMA (and a view of their sculpture garden from our office!).