Sr. Android Engineer
Lumosity is a brain training program with over 85 million users and 4.4 billion games played. In addition to improving Lumosity, we’re also creating new products that combine science, engineering and design to help people form better sleep habits, practice mindfulness, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Android Java developer to contribute to the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
Your primary focus will be the development of our Android application and its integration with backend services and libraries. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are looking for people who desire collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product development.
- Build features that benefit our customers
- Work together with Android teammates and other departments in an Agile fashion
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to specify high impact features (folks from Product, Marketing, User Experience, Design, and more)
- Design, build, and maintain performant, reusable, scalable, and reliable Java code
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Contribute to efforts to maintain code quality
- Work with our embedded QA team to help ensure quality with every release
- Break down work into manageable pieces and recommend ways to parallelize the implementation effort
- Behave as a technical resource for parts of the code you are familiar with
- Offer input into team process discussions
- Proactively help teammates when needed
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- The ability to build relatively complex Android features because you’ve been doing it for quite a while (think custom components, multithreading, object oriented programming, and architecture patterns like MVP or MVVM)
- The desire to collaborate with others in the company to help define what we need to build and how we will build it
- An understanding of the use of code versioning systems
- The desire to mentor teammates to raise the level of the whole team
- A mindset where you feel that we can only accomplish our goals together
- Comfort around developing software that needs to run on many different screen sizes and densities
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or family medical, dental and vision plans, commuter benefits, parental leave, One Medical membership and much more!)
- Flexible time off
- Gym and cell phone reimbursement
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner when you work late
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebration, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building)
- We recognize family is important, we host a Bring Your Child to Work Day as well as other kid-friendly offsite events
- We empower employees to give back to our community and our CSR team hosts volunteer events year round
- Apply for this position!
- We are excited to meet all kinds of different people! If you don’t match our list of requirements exactly and you feel we should get to know you, please feel free to submit your application.
- Tell us your story! We’d love to hear more than what’s in your resume, so before you click the Submit Application button, please add a note in the Additional Information field. We don’t want to take a whole lot of your time so don’t write something very long. We just want to give you this opportunity to let us know a little something extra about you.