Lumosity is a brain training program with over 85 million users and 4.4 billion games played. In addition to improving Lumosity, we’re also creating new products that combine science, engineering and design to help people form better sleep habits, practice mindfulness, and more.
We are looking for an Android Java developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
If you are a strong Java engineer, we are open to ramping you up on Android!
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with backend services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate specifications, designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Work with QA team to help ensure quality with every release
- Work cross-collaboratively with Marketing, Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer facing products, platforms and features
- Deep proficiency developing software using the Java programming language
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Honed tactics for debugging using various tools and services
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of Git Familiarity with continuous integration
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged
- Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO — take the time off when you need it
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice)
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights
- Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and Legos
- Team off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving)
- Company-wide Hackathons where top ideas are fast-tracked