QA Engineer - Web
Lumosity is a brain training program with over 85 million users and 4.4 billion games played. In addition to improving Lumosity, we’re also creating new products that combine science, engineering and design to help people form better sleep habits, practice mindfulness, and more. We are looking for a QA Engineer to add to our growing team.
- Be embedded with the web engineering team to test server and client side features
- Provide feedback on specifications and process which impact quality and efficiency
- Write comprehensive test plans derived from specs, emails and conversations as needed
- Manage tasks and testing scope for your testing projects
- Collaborate with the team to develop and contribute to test automation frameworks and testing pipelines
- Collaborate with developers and QA on other teams as needed to design and or develop maintainable tests or related tools to which support internal stakeholders
- Attend all web team and QA team meetings: staff meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and stand ups
- Collaborate with the team to strategize how to assign and prioritize work for every release
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, user experience, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Work closely with project management, developers, designers, and product managers to deliver the best product to our users
- Learn new coding languages and exploit, tools, systems and process as needed to achieve the team goals
- Help the team find and evaluate new tools and services for testing and reporting
- Work with management to drive best practices for Software Engineering and Quality
- Must be a true engineer and a true tester, scrappy about solving technical or process problems with a passion for software quality.
- Must have solid problem-solving and analytical skills and enjoy building, tinkering, breaking things and “geeking out” about said things with team members.
- Demonstrated experience automating software tests, including but not limited low-level and UI tests across platforms and two years experience in a Test/QA capacityExperience testing RESTful web services or web APIs.
- Experience selecting/developing an automation framework with two or more years of experience using tools such as (Junit, MSTest, Mocha, Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Chimp.js Espresso, XCTest etc.)
- Some experience testing with mobile devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates would also have presentation skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ideal candidates would be familiar with Agile Development process and procedure.
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, and workshops
- Education budget for conferences, professional and skill development
- Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO — take the time off when you need it
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice)
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights
- Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and LegosTeam off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving