Sr. Product Designer
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who will take ownership for the design of Lustre's major initiatives like mobile apps, Browser extension, and Creator products. You’ll work directly with the Head of Product and the CEO to do early research and exploration with long-term and short-term goals in mind, help with adjusting pixels, launching products and iterating on the user experience.
Lustre is a product search engine that recommends the best products after researching the Internet for you. It finds and organizes the world’s best product knowledge, from Reddit to the Wirecutter, to dramatically simplify being a savvy shopper.
We believe today’s shopping ecosystem is in desperate need for a product that empowers people to make the best decision for them. Every shopping platform is ruthlessly optimized to sell as much as possible with no regard for what’s best for you.
This has become dramatically worse with Amazon’s transformation into an advertising platform. You’re no longer buying what Amazon thinks is best, but what they were paid the most to show you.
Our mission is to organize the world's product knowledge and help you find the best products without having to do endless research.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Participate in workshops to solve complex problems
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences
- Partner with Head of Product, engineers, and visual designers across the company
- Develop deep empathy for our users
- Extract insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Leverage insights to come up with multiple ideas and make informed design decisions
- Design and validate multiple prototypes that manifest the core hypotheses
- Share the reasoning behind prototype variations
- Give input on the roadmap and high-level strategic product decisions
- Seek feedback from other team members
- Push the bar for quality of design execution (copy, visual design and motion design details)
- Work with overlap to the Pacific time zone (US, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America)
- Develop greater proficiency in Figma
- Build familiarity with accessibility standards and inclusive design practices
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Experience designing and shipping complex products informed by user insights while collaborating cross-functionally
- Ability to develop clear hypotheses and formulate a plan to validate them
- Experience with the entire development process, from ideation to post-launch testing
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with ambiguity and passion for creating clarity for everyone around
- Alignment with Lustre's mission
Some Company Perks:
- 100% Remote
- Health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Reimbursements for all design-related training (ebooks, courses, etc.)
Learn more: https://lustre.ai/