Vice President of Engineering
Lustre is a product search engine that organizes the world's shopping knowledge. Our technology automates the intensive research process required to make smart purchasing decisions in today’s overwhelming shopping experience. We recently raised our series A from Insight & Index Ventures and have an ambitious vision to rewire commerce to empower consumers and direct the world’s purchasing intent.
We're looking for a seasoned leader to be the head of the engineering organization and report directly to the CEO. You’ll be responsible for our engineering culture, processes, roadmap and hitting milestones. In the short-term, you’ll balance your higher level duties with day-to-day engineering management including project management, code reviews, etc
While we expect you to be technically competent & an excellent facilitator of technical discussion, your focus will be on people & process management versus technical architecture.
- This role is ideal for a seasoned veteran with industry experience looking to build something from the ground up again, who can move quickly with confidence and has a deep interest in e-commerce & search.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top talent.
- 8+ of experience in engineering at a fast-growing consumer company
- Experience driving growth with a heavy focus on data analytics, optimization, and reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, designers, and business stakeholders
Nice to have
- Experience running distributed teams
- Experience with search technology
- Experience in the e-commerce space
- Directly responsible for building Lustre into a world-class technology company
- You'll have autonomy to make your own decisions, guided by the necessary mindfulness of how those decisions impact the business, your team, and customers
- Manage multiple teams (Scraping, Knowledge graph, Data Science, Product Engineering) and 20+ engineers and datascientists.
- Own the technical roadmap across teams and ensure that the team is delivering value consistently against key company objectives
- Run the daily operations of the team, including working with product management to translate user stories into actionable tickets for engineers to work on
- Mentor more junior engineers through their early careers and develop career paths and ladders