What can you tell your friends when they ask what you do?
At Luxe, members of the Data Science group collaboratively design models and algorithms to permit the business to scale efficiently. Examples of problems that we are tackling are: ETAs, Dispatch, Pricing, Valet staffing, and Customer retention.
How will you be doing this?
- Perform ad hoc analyses to see where opportunities lie
- Standardize definitions of metrics we want to affect
- Work with the API and Data Engineers to design event logs that will help you build models and run tests
- Write airtight, portable Python modules that access and transform our logs into these metrics, so that anybody at any time can access these metrics programmatically
- Build models that help diagnose underlying reasons for strengths and weaknesses of our product
- Design and run experiments to tune the parameters of each algorithm or model, in order to move our standardized metrics.
- Devise and implement scalable algorithms or models that govern real-time decision making
- Compose APIs so that the Engineering department can make use of our models and algorithms
What will you bring to the team?
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Good Python knowledge and style
- Tons of experience with SQL
- Experience working with Engineers to design and produce data sets necessary for your models and analyses
- Experience building machine learning models and visualizations with modern toolkits
- Comfort with Git and standard codebase management practices
- The ability to produce results quickly
- The ability to multi-task and change direction quickly
- The urge make a novel startup become huge
Luxe is a fast growing startup that aims to change the way the world thinks about parking, by providing valet parking on-demand. Customers already use our product every day on their mobile phones to get valet parking and additional services (think gas fill-up, car washes, and more) whenever they want it, wherever they want it. With our recent $50M in funding, we are considered one of the hottest startups in Silicon Valley, but we’re more focused on our mission of bringing our services to the world, one car at a time. We are looking for people with integrity, character, intelligence and desire to help build out an amazing team and product in the San Francisco area. You will be in a unique situation where you can truly get in at the ground floor of a fast growing startup while having the security of knowing we are well-funded with support to execute fast.