As a UX/Product Designer, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of our users and defining the end-to-end product design (user flows through to detailed user states) for key features and experiences across our platform. You must be a critical, inventive thinker with a clear sense of user-centered design process, an excitement for understanding and using data, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
You will get to design for a varied user base, including end customers who use our app to quickly and seamlessly get their car parked, valets who use our tools all day long to get their job done on the go and our internal teams who act as our air traffic controllers monitoring the health of the system.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the full design process for various products, from goal and needs identification to concept sketching to flow and wireframe development to high-fidelity prototypes and mocks.
- Advocate for the user
- Effectively collaborate with product and engineering teams to prioritize design work.
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple, but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Design for current experiences while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience in physical, web, mobile, or emerging platform product design.
- Strong online portfolio of digital (web and app, if not also emerging platform) work.
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Product Design or related field or the equivalent experience is required.
- You have a sensitivity and passion for the end user and excellent user research methodology.
- You’re a visual thinker.
- You’ve designed across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- You can identify what metrics you need and know how to gather and analyze them. You also know when they can be misleading and how to make decisions without them.
- Ability to multi-task on projects to meet competing deadlines.
- Must possess excellent design skills and be highly proficient in the latest design and prototyping tools.
- Proven time management and organizational skills, must be able to work both within a team context and independently with minimal direction when required.
- Work from high-level requirements and ask the right questions to gather all relevant information to guide design direction.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Luxe is a fast growing startup that aims to change the way the world thinks about parking, by providing valet parking on-demand. Customers already use our product every day on their mobile phones to get valet parking and additional services (think gas fill-up, car washes, and more) whenever they want it, wherever they want it. We are considered one of the hottest startups in Silicon Valley, but we’re more focused on our mission of bringing our services to the world, one car at a time. We are looking for people with integrity, character, intelligence and desire to help build out an amazing team and product in the San Francisco area. You will be in a unique situation where you can truly get in at the ground floor of a fast growing startup while having the security of knowing we are well-funded with support to execute fast.