People Operations Business Partner (HRBP)
Luxe is a fast growing startup that aims to change the way the world thinks about parking, by providing valet parking on-demand. Customers already use our product every day on their mobile phones to get valet parking and additional services (think gas fill-up, car washes, and more) whenever they want it, wherever they want it. We’re focused on our mission of bringing our services to the world, one car at a time. We are looking for people with integrity, character, intelligence and desire to help build out an amazing team and product.
Reporting to the Head of People Operations and located in San Francisco, the People Operations Business Partner is the first point of contact for Luxe’s City Operations located in San Francisco, Chicago and New York City.
- Serve as the primary People Operations Business Partner and respond proactively as the first point of contact on all city operations people-related matters; responsibility for 500+ employees located in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York City
- Provide expert insight into people and organizational issues and provide coaching to local management on leading and managing their teams. This includes diagnosing organizational effectiveness issues, implementing solutions and building leader capability
- Manage and constantly improve People Ops processes from end to end with a high attention to detail and in a collaborative manner including for new hires, transfers, terminations, compensation, etc
- Ensure all of our activities are beautifully simple, subject to constant improvement and kept up-to-date in line with current legislation
- Foster relationships and partner with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal) and the broader People Ops team including our recruitment team to build a better employee experience
- Make informed recommendations on policies, systems and structure that will benefit our business and ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience in a fast-moving company, preferably with at least 3 years supporting non-exempt employees in the retail or restaurant industry. Experience should include a track record of employee relations, organization planning, talent management, compliance, culture development and coaching; able to speak to and navigate compensation, training and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, organizational development or related area preferred
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrable evidence that they can build relationships at all levels of the business, be trusted and known to always act with integrity
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative; Sense of urgency and can do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement while managing multiple priorities and tasks to make sound decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- Fresh perspective: You are different; you have the ability to meld the best practices from the past with a fresh perspective on how we can do things not only differently and better than the past but also sets us apart from the companies we target for recruiting. You have the insight to know where we should be competitive and where we need to set the bar
- Strong communicator: You will know when to escalate an issue and when to deal with it directly. You will partner with others in the People team to ensure programs and processes work for all locations
- Culture fit: You are building and protecting Luxe’s culture nationwide, so you must be an extremely strong ambassador of our culture which extends from San Francisco to Chicago to New York. You must be able to work in a remote location with comfort to make decisions on the fly.