Director of People Operations
Luxe is a fast growing startup that aims to change the way the world thinks about parking, by providing valet parking on-demand. Customers already use our product every day on their mobile phones to get valet parking and additional services (think gas fill-up, car washes, and more) whenever they want it, wherever they want it. We’re focused on our mission of bringing our services to the world, one car at a time. We are looking for people with integrity, character, intelligence and desire to help build out an amazing team and product.
As Director of People Operations, you will be responsible for driving the people strategy and culture of Luxe Valet. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a solid track record of managing People Operations at a senior level; bringing strong leadership qualities and managerial skills; and delivering a premier level of service satisfaction. She/he will have broad responsibility over all human resources functions, be a strong advocate for employee development, be a driver of constant organizational change and improvement, and provide leadership across the organization. This is a hands-on, solution-focused role that helps drive business results by ensuring our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent.
- Work closely with the Luxe executive team to define People Operations strategy and high level implementation roadmap to support the organization's business objectives and strategies
- Staff recruitment, talent development and management, and performance management
- Compensation and benefits
- Standard People Ops practices, alignment across all offices, and compliance to legal requirements
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to People team in executing such strategies to ensure People Ops effectiveness
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and training programs to support managers to anticipate employee and organizational issues, and develop recommendations for resolutions
- Design and manage programs, procedures and plans proactively across all of Luxe in order to influence all aspects of employee interaction including but not limited to employee counseling, the creation and interpretation of policies, equal employment opportunity programs, new employment orientation and employee recreation, and service programs
- Work with legal counsel to effectively deal with possible conflicts related to employment practices and local laws; ensure that employee programs meet local regulatory requirements and minimize legal liability in each office
- Lead investigation of employee complaints and provide organizational responses to the employee
- A minimum of 8 years relevant HR experience, preferably with at least 3 years supporting non-exempt employees in the retail or restaurant industry. Experience should include a track record of providing HR consultation to develop employees, knowledge of delivering benefits, compensation, and training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, organizational development or related area preferred
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- Willingness to get hands dirty and ability to scale: You need to be able to do the hard work yourself, but also scale your efforts through effective management training of the City Operations management team. You must be able to teach others to fish
- Fresh perspective: You are different; you have the ability to meld the best practices from the past with a fresh perspective on how we can do things not only differently and better than the past but also sets us apart from the companies we target for recruiting. You have the insight to know where we should be competitive and where we need to set the bar
- Strong communicator: You will know when to escalate an issue and when to deal with it directly. You will partner with others in the People team to ensure programs and processes work for all locations
- Culture fit: You are building and protecting Luxe’s culture nationwide, so you must be an extremely strong ambassador of our culture which extends from San Francisco to Chicago to New York. You must be able to work in a remote location with comfort to make decisions on the fly.