What can you tell your friends when they ask what you do?
You will help guide the direction of the Business, Product, Engineering, Operations teams by using your analytical skills to answer deep and interesting questions. You will have access to diverse existing data sets, and will freely collaborate with Data Engineers to produce even better ones. You’ll use your skills in Python and SQL to make compelling arguments and visualizations that refute or reaffirm others’ speculations, and present your studies to others.
How will you be doing this?
- Work with various teams to define the set of metrics (e.g. growth, revenue, service levels, and efficiency) that best represent the state of our product and business
- Rigorously build these metrics from available data sets and event logs
- Build models that expose underlying reasons for strengths and weaknesses of our product
- Design tests that will quickly and accurately enable us to make better operational and product decisions
- Work with the API and Data Engineers to design data sets that will help you build models and run tests
What will you bring to the team?
- A strong educational background in a quantitative field
- Good Python knowledge and style
- Tons of experience with SQL
- Experience working with Engineers to design and produce data sets necessary for your models and analyses
- Experience building machine learning models and visualizations with modern toolkits
- Comfort with Git and standard codebase management practices
- The ability to produce results quickly
- The ability to multi-task and change direction quickly
- The urge make a novel startup become huge
Luxe is a fast growing startup that aims to change the way the world thinks about parking, by providing valet parking on-demand. Customers already use our product every day on their mobile phones to get valet parking and additional services (think gas fill-up, car washes, and more) whenever they want it, wherever they want it. With our recent $50M in funding, we are considered one of the hottest startups in Silicon Valley, but we’re more focused on our mission of bringing our services to the world, one car at a time. We are looking for people with integrity, character, intelligence and desire to help build out an amazing team and product in the San Francisco area. You will be in a unique situation where you can truly get in at the ground floor of a fast growing startup while having the security of knowing we are well-funded with support to execute fast.