Do you eat combinatorial optimization for breakfast? Yum!
As an on-demand valet service, Luxe is in the business of deciding who will do what, when, and where. Our logistics engine is built on clever algorithms spanning Optimization, Graph Theory, Markov Chains, and Machine Learning.
We’re looking for folks who have demonstrated strength and achievement in the realm of computational complexity, combinatorial optimization, operations research, convex optimization, Markov decision processes, etc, to continue to improve the practicality, efficiency, scalability, and dependability of our real-time decision systems. You must be comfortable working independently or part of a small team to brainstorm, prototype, test, deploy, and evaluate your ideas.
- PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Math, or equivalent
- 3+ years in a fast-moving, product-driven company
- History of accomplishment and achievement in the field
- Advanced facility with Python, plus whatever languages best run your algorithms
- Respect for “good enough” over “perfect”
- Healthy detachment from your code