Microsoft Solution Architect
Texas Branch – Microsoft
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your innovation, effort, and enthusiasm. Just a job? Not on your life.
Are you passionate about cutting edge Technology and implementing technical solutions?
We are looking for a customer-oriented and motivated Microsoft Solution Architect for our Houston office who has experience with architecture, design, implementation and upgrade of various Microsoft technologies! You will possess sufficient technical depth to work with virtualization, server and storage technologies and will utilize your strong business and technical consulting skills in order to solve business challenges while creating the desired outcomes.
A Day in the Life:
- Ensure technology designs and implementations solve clients’ requirements and challenges
- Design, architect and implement standard or custom technical solutions (at times oversees the design, architecture and implementation) for Microsoft related technologies such as Azure, O365, Skype for Business, SCCM, Teams
- Develop complete technology solutions across a breadth of technology options, taking into account all aspects of architecture including business and technical requirements
- Create relevant documentation as required (including but not limited to conceptual design, logical design, physical design, bill of materials, as-built diagrams, knowledge transfer materials, FAQs, transition to operations information)
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance, demonstrations, and product education to the Sales Team, customers, or prospects
- Interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs
- Represent Long View at vendor and industry events as required
- Participate and contribute and share information that you have learned with the larger Long View team that is not present at the event
- Align with clients to build long term relationships that further business value for both the client and Long View
- Analyze complex requirements and develops IT strategies and multi-technology solutions aligned with industry-accepted best practices
- Keep abreast of relevant industry certifications and accreditations as aligned with key practices and technology partners
What You Bring:
- 10 or more years of experience working as a subject matter expert in at least 2 technology areas (Microsoft, storage, cloud, virtualization, server and networking), one of which must be Microsoft
- 5 or more years of experience in and an advanced level understanding of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server
- Office 365/Exchange
- Skype for Business
- Modern Workplace
- Active Directory
- Hyper V and VMware
- Ability to provide technical services on the design and implementation side
- Capability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Capacity to respond to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Ability to effectively communicate to different audiences including internal stakeholders and peers clearly and concisely in written, oral and various presentation formats and situations
- Proficiency in workshop facilitation (envisioning workshops, art-of-the-possible sessions)
- Familiarity with selling processes and willingness to work within the approved Long View processes
- Self-motivation and drive, always looking for ways to improve skills and stay relevant in given area of expertise
- Desire and willingness to maintain current vendor training and certifications required for the technologies we sell
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- A collaborative and positive mindset where you look for solutions consistently
- Strong leadership skills, strong sense of urgency and a creative mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, positive, high energy environment
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Cloud certifications
- Intune, Teams, or Hyper-V or VMWare experience
Why Work at Long View?
- Great people and culture
- Career growth – Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities
- Interesting work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies
- Flexible environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!