Senior Systems Consultant
Calgary Branch – Server
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your innovation, effort, and enthusiasm. Just a job? Not on your life.
Are you excited about technical projects and working for a company that values FUN?
We are looking for an upbeat and client-facing Senior Systems Consultant for our Calgary branch. You will enjoy a fun, fast-paced, highly supportive team environment that offers rapid skill growth through exposure to a multitude of IT and Business technologies.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide senior technical support for all server infrastructure components (hardware, software, OS, firmware, network, cloud infrastructure)
- Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analysis, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for projects
- Recommend network solutions for short, medium and long-range network projects
- Work with teammates to design and implement complex solutions
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of servers and network solutions, with a focus on utilizing technology to achieve business objectives
- Act as Tier 3 escalation point for service desk
- Perform incidents root cause analysis and identify work around or fix
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a client-facing system administration and infrastructure support role
- 7+ years of proven knowledge working with network, server, storage, and virtualization hardware and software
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts and technologies (server platforms, networking, communications, security)
- Experience in the following areas:
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- SharePoint, Terminal Services, Citrix
- Microsoft AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Virtualization VMware, XenApp
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline is desirable. Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong documentation and organizational practices
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to plan and schedule own work day, with flexibility to change under short notice
- Willingness to participate in On-Call Rotation, after-hours patching
- Willingness to travel to other field office locations when necessary to troubleshoot problems or install new hardware and software
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Post-secondary education
- Certificates in any of the technology listed above
Why Work at Long View?
- Great people and culture
- Fun is one of our core values
- Flexible environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!