Intermediate Security Consultant
BC Branch – Security /
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm, of inclusion and belonging. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And in a recent survey, 90% of Long View team members rated Long View as a good or great place to work!
Do you want to drive IT security solutions for Calgary’s industry leaders?
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Security Consultant for our Vancouver branch. In this role, you will deliver solutions to our clients across a broad range of industries and technologies.
A Day in the Life:
- Implement industry-leading security solutions by understanding client requirements through your savvy business and technical consulting skills
- Validate clients' existing architecture, identify gaps and assist the various business and technical teams with gathering their business use cases
- Provide a technical implementation plan and assist with the configuration of security solutions
- Work as a subject matter expert to deliver projects from initiation through to successful implementation
- Team up with other senior consultants to create and implement proven solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, threats, and technologies
What You Bring:
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in the delivery of security solutions in several of the following technology areas: Azure, System Hardening (CIS benchmarking, certificate management), Data Information Protection and Governance (Microsoft Purview, Netwrix, Endpoint Detection and Response (Defender for Endpoint, Crowdstrike), Privileged Access Management (Delinea, CyberArk, BeyondTrust), Continuous Vulnerability Management (Tenable, Rapid7), Multi-Factor Authentication (Microsoft, Cisco Duo), Audit Log Management and SIEM integration (Microsoft Sentinel), Identity Access Management, Security baseline and compliance
- 3+ years of industry experience with multi-technology solutions and diverse business and technical consulting
- Broad knowledge of multiple hardware and software technologies and strong experience in working with complex solutions comprising both
- Microsoft Defender suite implementation knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with IT industry frameworks
- Understanding of business risk requirements and security governance
- Self-motivation and drive, always looking for ways to improve skills and stay relevant
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Certifications in any of the technologies listed above
- Recognized security certifications such as Security+, SSCP
- Experience with cybersecurity strategy including risk and security gap assessments
Why Work at Long View?
- Great people and culture
- Fun is one of our core values
- Interesting work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Long View’s mission of building the best and most sustainable team-driven organization requires dedicated and ambitious people. Through employee resource groups, impactful and effective conversations, townhalls and various company-wide training, including how to reduce unconscious bias, we are fostering an inclusive environment. We are committed to taking consistent, positive and lifelong action to be a diverse and equitable workplace because we know that the most effective companies are made up of people with varied identities, experiences and backgrounds.
Long View is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accommodation requests for your interview or the role, please let your friendly Recruiter know.