Solution Architect (Azure)
BC Branch – Cloud
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your innovation, effort, and enthusiasm. Just a job? Not on your life.
Are you passionate about cloud technology? Do you want to work for a company that believes in INTEGRITY, COMPETENCE, VALUE and FUN?
We are looking for an energetic and driven Solution Architect for our Vancouver branch to support company and customer growth.
A Day in the Life:
- Designing, architecting and implementing industry leading Microsoft technology solutions by understanding client requirements through your savvy consulting skills, both business and technical
- Detailed documentation including conceptual design, logical design, physical design, bill of materials, as-built diagrams, knowledge transfer materials, FAQs, transition to operations information
- Being one of a few trusted advisors for clients, building long term relationships that will further business value
- Attending and representing Long View at the latest industry events
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of experience working as a subject matter expert in at least 2 technology areas (Microsoft, storage, cloud, virtualization, server and networking), one of which must be Microsoft
- 5+ years of consulting, architecture and design experience across a wide range of technologies
- 2+ years of experience designing solutions relating to technologies (ie: Azure, Skype for Business, Office 365)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure
- Strong expertise with Microsoft O365
- Ability to engage and communicate with both business and technical stakeholders
- Proven pre-sales capabilities and technological leadership experience
- Proven ability to understand and capture complex business requirements to create technical solutions
- Familiarity with IT architecture principles and industry frameworks to work within the approved Long View Systems architecture frameworks and methodologies
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Self-motivated and driven, always looking for ways to improve skills and stay relevant
- Technical certifications in your area of expertise (ie: Cloud, Microsoft, Cisco)
- Post-Secondary education
Why Work at Long View?
- Career Growth – Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities
- Interesting Work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies
- Flexible Environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
- Company Perks – RSP Contributions, comprehensive benefits package from day one, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, recognition programs and more!
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!