Family or Internal Medicine Physician - Telemedicine Mental Healthcare -Full-time
LCA – Prescribing Physicians /
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
FURTHER EXPANDING ACCESS: Lyra is currently prioritizing physicians licensed in CA, IL, TX, WA, AR, MO, FL, and GA for this remote opportunity. We also welcome physicians who have received a Letter of Qualification through the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact from a State of Principal License (SPL).
About the Role
With all of the stressors of the past several years, we’ve seen mental health issues surge. Physicians have been integral on the front lines, but oftentimes haven’t had access to resources for care. We know that you love helping your patients, and with Lyra's Medication Management program, you can lean into a deeper level of mental health care where you can focus on treating these issues with your patient and getting them the support they need. Lyra is a re-imagined EAP, a comprehensive mental health solution, that delivers high-quality care with measurable results.
Our physicians practice in a collaborative care model, closely consulting with psychiatrists and primary care physicians to provide clients with easily-accessible, culturally-responsive, high-quality mental health care. You always have a team behind you, even while working remotely. And our technology platform makes it easy to refer patients to therapy and coaching services in tandem with your care.
As a Mental Health Telemedicine Physician you’ll provide short-term, evidence-based treatment via live 90-minute video intake appointments and 30-minute follow-up appointments. You'll conduct mental health evaluations and provide mental health medication management. Lyra's clients come from a multitude of different backgrounds and experiences, and have varying needs and abilities. We strive to continue to meet their unique needs by delivering culturally-responsive care—an approach that is mindful of the impact of cultural background on each person’s care experience.
- Practice comprehensive, virtual mental health medication management via a 90-minute intake appointment and 30-minute follow-up appointments
- Conduct mental health risk assessments and evaluations
- Document treatment recommendations, message patients, and prescribe medication using Lyra’s custom-built mental health EHR (please note we do not prescribe controlled substances due to the virtual nature of our care model)
- Consult with your team psychiatrist and peers in regular 1:1 and group consultation
- Able to dedicate 40 hours total across 4-5 days per week. Flexible scheduling is allowed and encouraged, however the primary commitment is during regular business hours
- Board certified MD or DO, ideally in internal medicine or family medicine
- Unrestricted license
- 10+ years of experience post-residency, including at least 5 years of experience in a brick & mortar setting with a diverse patient panel and high volume of patients
- Previous experience collaborating with psychiatry
- We welcome physicians who have received a Letter of Qualification through the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact from a State of Principal License (SPL)
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable using technology to deliver care virtually
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Advance your career with training in mental healthcare through a collaborative care model
- Paid onboarding and training
- Determine your own schedule and work remotely from your own home or office. Get paid for administrative time—not just clinical hours
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid vacation, company holidays, and sick time
- Equity: We offer you the ability to own part of Lyra and share in the potential success of the organization
- Access to the tools and equipment you’ll need to be successful in your role, including a Lyra laptop, custom-built EHR, and UpToDate software
- Full malpractice and tail coverage
- Full service processing and coverage of cost for additional state licenses
- Free, ongoing continuing education to enhance and broaden your skills in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common psychiatric illnesses
The anticipated starting base salary for a Mental Health Telemedicine Physician - Full-time role at Lyra is $159,000 annually. The base salary is determined by a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to the role, your skills, qualifications and location.
At Lyra, base salary is only one aspect of an employee’s total compensation package, which may additionally include variable performance-based compensation earnings of on average $23,000 annually, discretionary restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement benefits and time off with pay. The role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.