Licensed Telehealth DBT Therapist (Clinical Psychologist) - Full-Time
New Jersey /
LCA – Blended Care DBT Therapy /
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
*Receive a $10,000 sign-on bonus when you join Lyra as a full-time, PSYPACT eligible, Licensed Telehealth DBT Therapist (Clinical Psychologist) in April, May, or June 2023.*
This role is a great fit if you enjoy working with complex clients in a supportive, collaborative, and rich environment.
More about You
You are passionate about helping others improve their lives through skills-based interventions.- Enjoys evidence-based practice, learning, and professional improvement.- You work hard to understand your clients through a lens of compassion and curiosity. - Willing to embrace challenges that others may shy away from.- You are accountable for your own outcomes and performance. - Prefers to work within a collaborative team environment.
About the Role
Lyra developed an innovative video therapy program called Blended Care Therapy (BCT): blending live video sessions with between-session digital psychoeducation and customizable skill building tools. Within the DBT program of BCT, you’ll have the resources and support you need to provide effective individual DBT therapy and DBT skills groups. And your clients have 24/7 access to a team of licensed clinicians who have been trained in DBT skills coaching for around the clock support.
Full-Time Employee Role & Responsibilities: Lyra offers an innovative video therapy program called Blended Care Therapy: blending live video sessions with between-session digital lessons and content.
- Daily: As a comprehensive outpatient DBT Blended Care Therapist, you’ll provide individual DBT and DBT skills groups via live video to adult clients. You’ll also assign digital lessons, videos, and assessments to your clients to enhance skill generalization and learning and monitor outcomes between sessions. You’ll also participate in weekly DBT consultation team meetings with your peers and an expert DBT team lead. An important note: Lyra's clients come from a multitude of different backgrounds and experiences, and have varying needs and abilities. We strive to continue to meet their unique needs by delivering culturally responsive care—an approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience.
- Regularly: Our therapists enjoy connecting with their colleagues who share a passion for providing DBT care. You’ll attend one-on-one consultation meetings with an expert DBT team lead and participate in weekly DBT consultation team meetings with your peers. You’ll also conduct peer-based quality assurance reviews and attend robust trainings to enhance your clinical skills. You always have a team behind you if a crisis comes up. You’re never alone, even while working remotely.
- This role is a great fit if enjoy working with complex clients in a supportive, collaborative, and rich environment. You may also find this role rewarding if: you are passionate about helping others improve their lives through skills-based interventions and work to understand your clients through a lens of compassion and curiosity, you enjoy evidence-based practice, continual learning, and professional improvement, you prefer to work within a collaborative team environment, you are accountable for your own outcomes and performance, and are willing to embrace challenges that others may shy away from
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited graduate program
- Clinicians must be PSYPACT eligible (Please reference the PSYPACT map for the current list of participating states and residency requirements)
- Clinical Psychologist: Unrestricted, active license without current, or pending disciplinary action
- Formal didactic training required. Examples include, in-house training with consultation team, didactic training, tape review, or 1:1 supervision, Behavioral Tech, DBT Foundational Training, DBT Intensive Training, ISITDBT
- DBT-LBC certification preferred, but not required
- 1 year minimum experience providing comprehensive DBT which includes: individual DBT therapy with clients through Stage 1 of treatment, facilitating skills groups utilizing Linehan materials, participation on a consultation team, skills coaching
- Experience, comfort, and passion working with clients who present with high risk clients, including suicidal ideation and/or self-injury
- Willingness to obtain cross-licensing in additional states as needed to support program growth
- Experience providing telehealth therapy services in a virtual environment (video and teletherapy)
- Computer literacy and live video tools (Zoom, Google Meets, DoxyMe, Skype, etc.)
Lyra Employee Benefits: We manage the operations end of the business, so you can focus on what you do best: providing high-quality mental health care. Our perks and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation for your session work and administrative work
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (including medical, dental, and vision, FSA/HSA life and disability insurance)
- Lyra for Lyrians; coaching and therapy services
- Flexible scheduling to set your own availability for full-time hours/week
- Competitive time off with pay policies, including 4 weeks vacation, sick days, and company holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement benefits
- Equity in the company through discretionary restricted stock units
- Free live and recorded webinars with CE approval from APA, ASWB, and NBCC
- Malpractice liability insurance policy
- Licensure renewal reimbursement—up to 10 state licenses
- Opportunity for cross-licensure sponsorship and support, if eligible
- A caseload of motivated clients from diverse industries and backgrounds
- A new Chromebook, dedicated business support from Operations, HR, and IT professionals, and a monthly technology stipend
- We like to spread joy throughout the year with well-being perks and activities, surprise swag, regular community celebration…and more!
The anticipated starting base salary range for a full-time, Licensed Telehealth DBT Therapist (Clinical Psychologist) role at Lyra is $120,000 annually. The base salary range is determined by a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to the role, your skills, qualifications and location.
At Lyra, base salary is only one aspect of an employee’s total compensation package, which may additionally include discretionary restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement benefits and time off with pay. The role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.