Senior Software Engineer - Data and AI
Burlingame, California /
Technology – Data and Machine Learning /
Full-time and Part-Time
About the Company
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with leading companies, such as Starbucks, uber, Amgen, eBay, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, more than 1.3 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $170 million.
About the Role
At Lyra we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who cares about impact, ownership, cross functional projects, and mentorship.
Lyra is for you, if you
- Want to work with brilliant people solving hard problems
- Have a passion for social impact and helping people when they are most vulnerable
- Like to collaborate across teams with physicians, therapists, data scientists, and product managers
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of innovative engineers working on core pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, and data services underlying our product
- Partner closely with Lyra’s head of ML and Data to make technology decisions and to prioritize and plan Lyra’s data infra roadmap
- Mentor team members to champion high standards of software engineering practices and give feedback on design choices
- And of course, you will be coding every day!
We are looking for someone with
- Ability to write high quality code in Python (Java is a plus) and a track record of shipping impactful projects
- Experience in building fault tolerant data pipelines with logging, alerting and data validation that goes beyond simple scripting
- A track record of making quality vs. deadline tradeoffs in fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team
- Organizational skills and ability to simplify complex problems and prioritize what matters most for the sake of the team and the business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.