Art Director - Visual Design/Brand
Lyra is transforming mental health care using technology with a human touch. Using our proprietary platform and matching technology, Lyra helps companies and their employees find the highest quality mental health care. We work with innovative companies, such as uber, eBay, and Lyft, among others, and we offer access to an elite network of mental health providers with the flexibility of in-person therapy, live video sessions, coaching programs, and digital self-care tools. Co-founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised $103 million in funding to date from investors including Venrock, Greylock, Tenaya and Glynn Capital.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated and versatile Art Director to own the design, building and evolution of Lyra's visual brand identity. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing our brand to life across all external and internal channels to further our mission of transforming mental health care with technology and a human touch. In this role, you will help shape our new brand and own visual implementation of our brand across all external surfaces and touchpoints including our website, event experience, print materials, emails, and campaigns. This hire will also partner closely with our production designers, product designers, and creative agencies on innovative ways to inject more fun and delight into our user experiences and to ensure consistency of branding across marketing, sales, and product interfaces.
- Own and develop Lyra's visual brand identity and evolve for new use cases
- Interpret different types of content into beautiful designs to reach Lyra’s key stakeholders--employers, members, and providers.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to translate ideas into clear, visually compelling marketing assets./
- Collaborate with and oversee work of freelance designers; ensure design work for our customers is high quality and delivered on time; manage capacity and resourcing for all design work at Lyra.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design across the company and ensure brand consistency across all Lyra visual touchpoints.
- Be an individual contributor as a designer as well as a leader who can manage contractors and potentially a in-house team over time.
- 5+ years brand and visual design experience
- An exciting portfolio of design work developed for campaigns, marketing, and sales teams
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Proven ability to execute compelling digital, web and print design work
- Detail-obsession: Adherence to beautiful design systems, with pixel-perfection execution, even during fast turnaround times
- Customer-focused and solution-oriented. Take feedback like a pro, explore various design solutions, and deliver designs that meet Lyra’s quality bar and delight internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills: You’re a clear, concise and compelling storyteller
- Creative thinker. You’ll push our brand in exciting directions and you’ll challenge the status quo
- Empathetic: You’ll use insights and empathy for Lyra members, providers, and employer partners to shape your work
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Experience at a startup or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.