Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. Using intelligent matching technology, Lyra connects companies and employees to high quality, effective mental health providers and care that works, and gives them the flexibility of in-person care, live video therapy, coaching programs, and digital self-care tools. We work with innovative companies, such as uber, eBay, and Lyft, among others. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra Health has raised $83 million in funding to date, most recently a Series B round led by Tenaya Capital and Glynn Capital Partners.
About the Role:
The Care Advocate will be the primary point of contact for a specific caseload of clients who engage with Lyra seeking high-quality outpatient mental healthcare. The Care Advocate’s role is to ensure that clients get connected quickly to one of our outstanding Lyra network providers, all of whom practice evidence-based therapy. This role is part of the overall client care team and requires interacting in a collaborative manner with our Client Support Specialists, Clinical Care Navigators, providers, and clients. Above all, this specialist in customer service will be committed to ensuring that both clients and providers have an outstanding experience with Lyra. This position does not involve providing in-person services or therapy. Rather, the Care Advocate supports clients in connecting to great care by phone and email.
- Excited about providing top notch service to clients in times of need
- Passionate about learning, growing, and collaborating with providers, clients, and team members
- Comfortable with using technology and learning new systems. At Lyra, we are transforming mental health care with cutting-edge technology.
- Experienced in working in mental health care or social services environments
- Manage a caseload of care-seeking clients, constantly prioritizing to ensure time-sensitive or urgent tasks are addressed first
- Connect with clients over phone and email to conduct brief interviews around care needs and provide appropriate referrals to clients
- Use Lyra’s proprietary matching software to refer clients to the best providers based on each individual client’s specific needs and preferences
- Provide support to clients in high risk or crisis situations
- Participate in supervision from a clinician
- Work as part of a Care Team and provide support to other internal groups when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, pre-med, or equivalent
- Familiarity with and exposure to Abnormal Psychology coursework is preferable
- Minimum of one year experience in navigating the mental health system: case management, patient advocacy, crisis hotline, peer counseling, or other relevant experience in health care
- Demonstrated excellence in providing outstanding customer service over the phone and email, through your written and verbal correspondence
- Exceptional clinical skills (e.g., listening, validation) even though you are not a clinician
Local candidates to Burlingame (SF Bay Area), CA, only; no relocation offered.
A cover letter is required as part of the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.