Operations – Legal /
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Genentech, uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $480 million.
About the Role
You will be a critical team member in Lyra’s growing legal team to support internal stakeholders in fulfilling Lyra’s mission to bring mental and emotional health solutions to large employers across the country. This is a full-time role that can be located in the headquarters in SF Bay Area (Burlingame, California), or remote. You will be expected to work independently in reviewing contracts, conducting legal research, working with internal stakeholders to resolve questions and lead projects to support Lyra’s growth.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced attorney with a proactive nature in identifying issues and presenting solutions and someone who is searching for a collaborative environment brimming with novel questions. The legal team plays an essential role at the company, responding and managing all legal questions, and candidates with all around experience are welcome to help support the various needs of the company.
- Provide practical and creative legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Independently support critical commercial matters for the company, including complex and strategic transactions (partnerships, customer launches, technology integrations, among others)
- Negotiate terms for customer agreements, license agreements, partnership agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, vendor and Saas agreements, data security agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents; when appropriate, collaborate with leadership and internal stakeholders to define/drive discussions with clients and prospects
- Work cross-functionally and provide legal guidance to various internal functions in the business including new opportunities and product lines.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Law degree and membership in a state bar with good standing
- 4+ years legal experience in-house or at a law firm
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and/or editing with a wide range of commercial agreements, including technology transactions, health care agreements, data sharing agreements, and sales contracts.
- Experience leading projects, including collecting, distilling and summarizing issues from relevant stakeholders and moving projects forward
- Experience working in-house with a technology company and/or health care organization strongly preferred.
- Willing and eager to take on new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor and strong affinity for team donut day
Additional contracting experience with the the following a plus
- Health care privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- State and/or Federal health care programs/regulations
- Provider contracts and partnerships
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.