Commercial Contracts Specialist
Remote, USA /
G&A – Legal /
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
You will be a critical team member in Lyra’s growing legal team to support internal stakeholders in fulfilling Lyra’s mission to bring mental and emotional health solutions to large employers across the country. This is a full-time role that will report to Lyra’s Associate General Counsel and can either be located in the headquarters in SF Bay Area (Burlingame, California), or remote. You will be a vital member of our commercial contracts team, where you will review and negotiate contracts with customers as the main focus, as well as work with internal stakeholders to resolve questions, and contribute to team projects as needed to support Lyra’s growth.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced contracts negotiator, enjoy being a part of a tight-knit collegial team, and have an enthusiasm for building better internal processes through technology and process improvements. The legal team plays an essential role at the company, responding and managing all legal questions, and candidates with all around experience are welcome to help support the various needs of the company.
- Independently review, redline, and negotiate terms for various commercial agreements, including Saas agreements, Lyra’s customer agreements, contract renewals, provider agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, data security agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents; when appropriate, collaborate with internal stakeholders to define/drive discussions
- Work with commercial team to streamline processes and create efficiencies in the contracting process
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provide practical and creative support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree; JD degree a plus
- 4+ years experience negotiating, drafting, and/or editing with a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including technology transactions, health care agreements, data sharing agreements, NDAs, and sales contracts.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing significant support to internal projects, including collecting, distilling and summarizing issues from relevant stakeholders
- Experience working with the legal team at a technology company (including working with legal technology contracting tools) and/or health care organization strongly preferred.
- Additional contracting experience with the the following a plus: State and/or Federal healthcare programs/regulations, Provider contracts, Technology transactions
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor
$85,000 - $130,000 a year
Pay and Benefits
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $85,000 - $130,000. The base range is determined by role and level, and placement within the range will depend on a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses.
Annual salary is only one part of an employee’s total compensation package at Lyra. We also offer generous benefits that include:
-Comprehensive healthcare coverage (including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurances)
-Lyra for Lyrians; coaching and therapy services
-Equity in the company through discretionary restricted stock units
-Competitive time off with pay policies including vacation, sick days, and company holidays
-Paid parental leave
-401K retirement benefits
-Monthly tech stipend
-We like to spread joy throughout the year with well-being perks and activities, surprise swag, free food and snack deliveries each month, regular community celebrations…and more!
We can’t wait to meet you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.