Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Technology – Data Science and Machine Learning /
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
At Lyra we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken healthcare system. We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
This role can be carried out (hybrid) from our Burlingame, CA headquarters, or remote/virtual (remote candidates must be physically located within the United States).
- Be part of a team of innovative ML engineers working on core pieces of our ML and AI models
- Create data systems to collect, clean, label, and store data used for features
- Train and evaluate machine learning models for search, recommendation, and clinical decision support.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams on requirements and solutions for ML and AI solutions,
- And of course, you will be coding every day!
- Demonstrated ML modeling expertise (end-to-end), with proven experience delivering user-facing, production-level machine learning models.
- Equally important is proven experience writing high-quality production code in Python (Kotlin or Java a plus).
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team.
- A track record of making high return-on-investment decisions in fast-paced environments.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics or causal inference
- Experience working with highly sensitive data in a healthcare environment
- Two-sided marketplace experience is a very big nice-to-have
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
$142,000 - $196,000 a year
As a full-time Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, you will be employed by Lyra Health, Inc. The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $142,000 to $196,000. The base range is determined by role and level, and placement within the range will depend on a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.
Annual salary is only one part of an employee’s total compensation package at Lyra. We also offer generous benefits that include:
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurances)
- Lyra for Lyrians; coaching and therapy services
- Equity in the company through discretionary restricted stock units
- Competitive time off with pay policies including vacation, sick days, and company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401K retirement benefits
- Monthly tech stipend
- We like to spread joy throughout the year with well-being perks and activities, surprise swag, free food and snack deliveries each month, regular community celebration…and more!
We can’t wait to meet you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
By applying for this position, your data will be processed as per Lyra Health Workforce Privacy Notice. Through this application, we will collect personal information from you including your name, email address, gender identity, employment information, and phone number for the purposes of recruiting and assessing suitability, aptitude, skills, qualifications, and interests for employment with Lyra. We may also collect information about your race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation, which is considered sensitive personal information under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). Providing this information is optional and completely voluntary. If you are a California resident and would like to limit how we use this information, please use the Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information form. This information will only be retained for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as described above. Please note that Lyra does not “sell” or “share” personal information as defined by the CPRA. For more information about how we use and retain your information, please see our Workforce Privacy Notice.